/this is NOT business as usual
Would you like to be part of making real change?
STUDIO/gather are excited to announce we are on the look out for a project lead to join our team. More than just a talented and creative individual, we are looking for someone with a keen eye for detail, experience being both part of a team and leading along with a desire to make real change. Our specialisms lay in one-off residential homes to PassivHaus standard, deep retrofits, and renovation / extensions. We believe in setting a metric, exploring how things will work and designing them so they do just that. You will contribute to the design and delivery of a wide range of projects with sustainability and experiential architecture at the centre of everything you do.
Knowing how to navigate a scheme from inception to completion is a benefit as we would be introducing you to new projects from the get go. Our work is predominantly Cornwall based but we have been known to head over the Tamar from time to time. This means expect to be exploring the most picturesque landscape as part of your day job. The practice has a magnetism for the unusual and the extraordinary, it properly is an episode you will tune back in for. We are looking for a (near) full-time candidate who can be based in our office on the outskirts of Falmouth.
As a small practice, we do require applicants will meet the following criteria:
• minimum 3 year ARB registered. 5 + years is preferable
• MCIAT Chartered Architectural Technologist or ACIAT Architectural Technologist/ Technician working towards MCIAT.
• Proficient in Archicad or similar BIM style software advantageous
• Full understanding of the RIBA plan of works with experience taking projects through each of the work stages
• Excellent up to date knowledge of Planning and Building Regulations
• Fully competent in producing construction drawings and tender information
• A collaborative team player who has experience of working with external consultants and who can also work independently when required
• Confidence in being accountable for our clients, our team and the environment we live in
• Passionate about energy efficiency, sustainable design and is in line with our ethos as a practice is a necessity
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience but we always benchmark against the RIBA.
Starting figure £35k
Additional benefits include;
• a revolutionary contract and workbook which puts the individual first
• bonus holiday days over the Christmas period
• additional team days which take us out the office
• flexible working arrangement (in / out of office)
• personal / professional growth supported through training etc
• being part of practice decision making
• 'harmonious work / life balance' as quoted by one of our team
• when the studio is successful we are all successful
Does this sound like the right fit for you?
Please apply by sending your CV, cover letter and examples of your work as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application closing date - 19th February 2024
Julian J Mills.